Safe navigational practice when you are in the mountains.
For safe Navigation in the Mountains read our Page,
Navigation skills with a compass.
Having the right Maps are important , their are two main map surpliers which are Ordnance survey and Harvey Maps
Take a look at Tips Finding your way in the Dark
Something important to remember about using Mobile apps , Navigation units and watches .
Understanding Navigation can be made easier by getting the right book , The Ultimate Navigation Manual explains everything you need to know about Navigation before making your trips and adventures.
The comprehensive guide, suitable for beginners to advanced navigators and search and rescue professionals, sets new standards in land navigation practice. The book will take the reader through all the techniques required to become an expert navigator from the fundamental principals through to the advanced technology of GNSS/GPS systems.
Understanding the Pacing and Timing Card Shavenraspberry
No fussy calculations required; this card displays the actual time it will take for a given distance at a given speed to:
- Accurately predict how long it will take you for each part of your journey
- Determine when you have arrived at every attack point
- Make time adjustments for going uphill or downhill
- Gives guidance to to enable you to estimate your walking speed on different types of terrain
- Gives guidance to enable you to adjust your travel time for darkness, heavy loads, and head wind corrections
It is credit card size, manufactured in tough plastic, able to fit in purses and wallets, with rounded corners to prevent snagging and holes in pockets!
Also their are items need to help with Navigation while ploting our routes and trips, these tools below are useful items to help you with .