There are 9 Munro’s in Scotland that are over 4000 feet. These 9 Mountains are all contained within 2 mountain ranges, 5 in the Cairngorms and 4 in the Ben Nevis range.
This 4 day trip will mean that we will climb them all. We spend 2 days in the Cairngorms (one night wild camping) climbing Cairn Gorm, Ben Macdui, then Braeriach, Cairn Toul and Sgor an Lochain Uaine (Angel’s Peak).
Having completed the first two days, we will travel onwards to Fort William, with an overnight stay preparing for the next event which will be the ascent of Aonach Mor and Aonach Beag. The final day will be spent climbing Carn Mor Dearg with a traverse along the CMD arete to the final summit, Ben Nevis.
Scotland’s highest mountains
The nine highest mountains in Scotland are also the nine highest in the UK.
1. Ben Nevis 1,345 metres (4,413 ft)
2. Ben Macdui 1,309 metres (4,295 ft)
3. Braeriach 1,296 metres (4,252 ft)
4. Cairn Toul 1,291 metres (4,236 ft)
5. Sgor na Lochain Uaine 1,258 metres (4,127 ft)
6. Cairn Gorm 1,244 metres (4,081 ft)
7. Aonach Beag 1,234 metres (4,049 ft)
8. Aonach Mòr 1,221 metres (4,006 ft)
9. Càrn Mòr Dearg 1,220 metres (4,003 ft)