Rucksack lid Contents:
- Essentials for ease of access as follows.
· Hat & Gloves
- For cold weather a woolly hat can be a life saver, helping to retain body heat
- For sunny days a peaked cap will reduce the glare and prevent your head from over exposure to the sun
- Cooler days, simple lightweight glove or glove liners will suffice
- Wet or cold days, ensure you have a quality glove on board.( lightweight gloves are not easy to put on when hands are particularly wet & cold)
· Single snack chocolate bar/biscuit
- When you get the ‘Rumble Tums’ its always good to have a snack immediately accessible – under nourishment can lead to poor decision making.
- An obvious requirement to enable you to stay ‘on track’
- Learn how to use this well.
- Hopefully you’ll never need it, however in the event of an incident this needs to be readily accessible.
· Sunglasses (polarising)
- You need to be aware of protecting your eyesight from harmful UVA/UVB rays
- Glare can also be a factor that impacts your vision (particularly in the snow).
- Even on a cloudy day the harmful rays of the sun can pass through the clouds.
- Reduce the UV exposure, particularly with long days out, with sun cream.
These are the basic items but the important ones , we also have our personal items which we add to .